First of all as Thanksgiving Day approaches, I wanted to tell you some things that I’m thankful for. I know, I know that I should be grateful each and everyday and I am, but I have never taken the time to write it out and shared it with anyone.
Now I am not a religious person, I would consider myself spiritual.
But I wanted to take the time to share with you some things that I’m thankful for. While at the same time opening myself up and letting you know me a little.
This list is NOT in any particular order.
- My Parents: Although we didn’t have a great relationship when I was young, I have to list them as number one because without them I would not be here today.
- My Brothers: I had two brothers, one passed away when he was 19 years old, he passed away from cancer. (I enjoyed my short time with him) I have an older brother and although we don’t live in the same state, I would not know what I would do without him.
- My Niece and Nephew: While I don’t see them as often as I wish I could, my brother has done a great job on raising them.
- My Sister-In-Law: I have to say that I don’t think of her as a sister-in-law, but rather like a sister.
- My Pug: I have a 14 year old pug named Mindy. She is my baby and she makes my day each day I come home. Even though she can’t walk very well because of her joints, she does her best to get to come to me to let me know she’s happy I’m home.
- My Offline Friends: I can’t say that I’m extremely popular, I have some really close friends that I know that I can count on if I ever need them.
- My Online Friends: I have to admit that I never thought that I would say that I have online friends. However, I have met some really great people online and I appreciate all of you. I’ve learned a lot from all of you.
- My Health: This should probably be number one on my list. However, the list is not in any specific order. At the age of 40, I am in good health (knock on wood) I’ve never had any major illnesses and I do my best to take care of myself. After all there’s no use to have online goals if your not paying attention to your health.
- I Don’t Smoke: It’s a personal choice and anyone who smokes I’m not saying anything negative. I’m just thankful that I have never picked up the habit.
- Mammogram Tests: This test saved a friends life last month. She had to get a double mastectomy, but during surgery they detected another cancer that would not have been discovered had it not been for the mammogram. Basically the mammogram saved her life.
- My Gym Membership: I absolutely love working out and I am so happy that I can afford my gym membership.
- Netflix Membership: I love Netflix, I watch a lot of shows on it, when I get some downtime. Some of my favorites are: Supernatural, Twisted and SVU Law and Order.
- The Roof Over My Head: I am extremely grateful that I have a roof over my head. While it may not be a mansion, it allows me to come in out of the cold or the heat.
- My Car: I drive a Toyota Prius and I love it. The best part is that it will finally be paid off in March.
- Airplanes: I don’t go visit my brother very often, but I couldn’t imagine having to get into my car and drive all the way across the United States. He lives in Washington State where as I live in North Carolina. Plus airplanes have allowed me to visit other countries like South Africa, Cancun and Germany.
- Courage: I think that the most courageous thing that I have ever done is get in my Toyota Celica and drive cross country to start a new life all my myself. I was 23 years old and got tired of living in Washington.
- My Education: Even though I wasn’t planning on going to school, I am grateful for everything that I’m learning.
- The VA: Going to school would be a lot more challenging if my education was not being paid by the VA.
- Persistence: I don’t really know where I get my drive from, but I am the type of person who never quits. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.
- Food On My Plate: While I may not eat gourmet food, I am extremely grateful that I have enough food to keep in my belly without having to go hungry.
- Money To Pay The Bills: Sure we all want more money, who doesn’t. But I am very grateful that I have enough money to pay the bills each and every month and then have some left over.
- My Computer: I’m a computer addict. It’s one of the first things that I turn on each and every morning, without the computer I would not be able to do what I love which is work online.
- High Speed Internet: I can’t even remember dial up anymore and I’m glad I don’t have it. I can’t imagine having a slow internet connection, I get so much done online thanks to the high speed internet. (I just wish it wasn’t so darn expensive)
- My Blog: It has allowed me to connect with people from all over the United States and other countries. It’s amazing how a blog can bring people together.
- WordPress: I love WordPress for its flexibility and I couldn’t imagine having to use a different blogging platform.
- WordPress Plugins: I buy way too many of them, some of them have helped me out. While others of course have hindered me, I don’t know what I would do without them. One of my favorites is BackupBuddy, which keeps my blog backed up and I don’t have to worry about losing it.
- WordPress Themes: Just like plugins I am a fan of some premium themes. The ones that I’ve used are Woo Themes, Elegant Themes and I’ve also purchased some from ThemeForest.
- My Online Coach: I know that I wouldn’t have gotten as far as I have without him. I just wish I would’ve gotten one sooner.
- Warrior Forum: I don’t spend a lot of time there like I used to, I have learned a lot from it. Yes I’ve also spent a lot of money there as well.
- My Freedom: I’m so grateful that I have the freedom to do anything that I choose. I have the freedom to make my own choices, although I haven’t always made the right ones, they are mine.
- Being An American: Taking nothing from any other country, I’m just thankful for being an American.
- Hamburgers: I love hamburgers, as a matter of fact I just ate one today for lunch. Who am I kidding, I love almost all types of food.
- Sunshine: Even though it’s been kind of cold here lately, I couldn’t imagine life without it. I love soaking up the rays on a nice sunny day, plus Mindy my pug loves it too.
- Rain: I’m extremely glad that I don’t live in Seattle, because it rains too much. Rain helps the nature grow and look absolutely stunning.
- Mystery Books: While I don’t have a lot of time to read right now, I love curling up with a nice mystery book every once in a while.
- Hot Showers: I especially love them after working out at the gym. I couldn’t imagine having to get into a cold shower.
- The Clothes I Wear: While I may not wear the latest and greatest brands, all my clothes fit great and are not worn and full of holes.
- My Winter Jackets: It’s been very cold here lately and I couldn’t imagine not having a jacket to wear when I go to school.
- Nature: Life would be extremely boring and bland without flowers and trees. Plus we can learn a lot just by paying attention to nature.
- Birds: I love bird watching and listening to their sounds. I don’t think that I have a favorite bird, but I think that bluebirds are absolutely gorgeous.
- The Color Blue: I still miss my favorite vehicle which was a baby blue Toyota Celica. I bought it because of the color.
- Seat Belts: I wear mine every time I get into my vehicle. As a matter of fact, I wouldn’t be here right now if I hadn’t been wearing one about 10 years ago. Don’t take them lightly, they can save your life.
- Kindness of Strangers: I know that parents teach their kids not to talk to strangers. But I love it when people open up and start talking, even if they don’t know me.
- Smiling and laughing: I make it a point to smile and laugh each and everyday. It not only makes me feel good, but it’s contagious.
- My Mistakes: I’ve made a lot of mistakes, but I’ve learned from all of them. You can’t be scared to make mistakes, after all it’s the only way that you will ever learn.
- Friends I’ve Yet To Make: I look forward to meeting all of them. Hmm I wonder who they will be?
- My MP3 Player: I have some great songs downloaded that get me through my cardio and weight training sessions.
- Having A Good Memory: I can remember things very well, most of the time. I just recently forgot my hair cut appointment, I forgot to check my calendar.
- I’m Thankful For All Of You Who Take The Time To Read My Blog: Without you I would just be blogging for myself. I am so thankful for all of you who take the time to comment and share my content. I appreciate all of you very much.
Yes I know that I’ve shared a lot and I could’ve kept going; however, I didn’t want to make this post that long.
I just wanted to share with you some things I’m grateful for at the same time opening up a little bit about myself as well.
Time To Share:
I know as bloggers and internet marketers we all tend to stay very busy. Do you take the time to stop and give thanks for everything and everyone in your life?
Take the time to share a little bit about what your thankful for, I would love to hear about it.
I just wanted to take the time to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving this coming Thursday.
Journey To Full-Time Income